Thursday, April 16, 2009

Emily's Marriage Rules

I love making lists. I make them often. Here is one of them hahaha. This is a condensed version of my wedding list. Enjoy.

1. Do not get married early in the morning, preferably, we would have a breakfast at 10:00 am instead of a luncheon after. Then have a hair appointment and go to the temple.

2. Serve kid-friendly food, and only food that I like!

3. No high heels unless someone really wants to have them.

4. No country music at the reception.

5. If at all possible, have all the wedding pictures at the temple taken before the wedding.

6. Don't rent a car, it will get trashed. Probably should drive one car to the reception, then afterwards, if it is trashed, go switch to a different car.

7. Leave the reception by 8:00 pm.

8. No chocolate fountains. They are way too messy!

9. We're not going to smear cake in each others faces. I had a bad experience with cake smeared on my face before. We will use fingers to feed each other though!

10. We'll have bright, pretty wedding colors such as: purple, lime green, dark pink and orange.

11. No way am I getting married in the winter months. No way.

12. I don't want two rings that need to be sautered together. I just want one.

13. If there is a train on my dress, make sure that there is a way to pull it up so it doesn't drag.

14. Do the traditional wedding things (dancing, throwing the bouquet, and garter)

15. The groom may not wear a white tux. Pinstripes might be acceptable. No top hats. Shoes may be white and black depending. Tux shoes aren't required as they are uncomfortable.

16. Cake will be some cool flavor. Not plain vanilla. Way too boring!

17. Absolutely no real dishware (plates, cups, silverware). I don't want the mom's doing dishes all day!

18. Probably should have the bridesmaids wear their dresses and groomsmen wear tuxes to the temple to get group pictures right after.

19. Make all appointments ahead of time, and try to have all of them about a week before the wedding. These may include but are not limited to: hair cut, eyebrows, teeth cleaning/whitening,, manicure/pedicure, tanning, facial. Don't get acrylic or gel nails, no matter how cute they are.

20. I will have a honeymoon. For 6-7 days. No work, school, obligations. Nothing. No going on one later. That never happens and it's not the same.

1 comment:

  1. you are so cute I have list to that I have made by going to others weading's to see what I wan't so we will see how it goes when it happens.

    ReplyDelete